Universal School Of Thought

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2015 2:42 am  #1

USOT Names and Job description

USOT non profit organization.

CEO- Chief Executive Officer in charge of ensuring the executing the orders of the Council.
COO- Chief Operating Officer to ensure that the organization is performing in a smooth and controlled manner.
CFO - Chief Financial Officer to organize and balance the books of the organization.
Media liaison is to oversee the production of all the media other than social media, I.e (radio and print and television if applicable.
Sectary the office of record keeping.
President of Marketing to bring publicly to the organization for radio shows and USOT websites and store.
Vice President of Marketing assistant the the president of marketing.
President - member of the council that provides a figure head over meetings.
Vice President assist the president of the  council.

1/21/2015 12:02 am  #2

Re: USOT Names and Job description

Secretary title has been amended to be titled "Executive Administration Assistant"....... 

We just getting started
Glad you're here,
Peace

1/21/2015 12:03 am  #3

President - member of the council that provides a figure head over meetings.
Vice President assist the president of the  council. Has been changed to what?   

We just getting started
Glad you're here,
Peace

1/22/2015 1:06 am  #4

A chief executive officer (CEO) is generally the most senior corporate officer (executive) or administrator in charge of managing a for-profit organization. The CEO of a corporation or company typically reports to the board of directors and is charged with maximizing the value of the entity.

Last edited by Squarebiz_777 (1/22/2015 1:13 am)

We just getting started
Glad you're here,
Peace

1/22/2015 1:13 am  #5

'Chief Operating Officer - (COO) The senior manager who is responsible for managing the company's day-to-day operations and reporting them to the chief executive officer (CEO).

Last edited by Squarebiz_777 (1/22/2015 1:14 am)

We just getting started
Glad you're here,
Peace

1/24/2015 11:38 pm  #6

President of Marketing to bring publicly to the organization for radio shows and USOT websites and store.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve. 

Love & Illuminating Light~
LadyBey~
"In every book there are 99 lies and 1 truth, it is your duty to find the 1 truth"
Mary Elizabeth Lockett A.K.A. Nana~~ 

1/26/2015 1:36 pm  #7

There is way more to this office than is mentioned, yet this is a great starting description as are all fore-mentioned offices much more than is described thus far.......

LadyBey wrote:

Thank you for the opportunity to serve. 

2/13/2015 8:24 pm  #8

Well, I believe I have found what fits me most. 

The Non-Profit Board President

Job Description
In addition to presiding over board and executive committee meetings, the non-profit board president has a variety of responsibilities. As “chief volunteer,” the president works with the CEO, board, staff and community to further the organization’s mission. A president influences how the board uses its time, the selection of board members and its future leadership. Anyone taking on this role must be committed to the organization and must understand the scope of energy and time required to effectively do the job.

Expectations
The president is expected to review and understand the organization's articles of incorporation and by-laws, policies and procedures, financial and legal situation, and strategic plan. As the board ambassador, the president acts as a spokesperson to the larger community. She speaks in public on behalf of the organization and advocates for the cause. By modeling appropriate behavior, the president sets high standards for board conduct and intervenes if conflicts of interest or confidentiality issues arise.

Duties
Working with the board's governance committee, the president recruits new board members whose vision aligns with the organization. The president appoints committee chairs and serves ex officio on committees. The president is in charge of CEO and board member performance evaluations and succession planning, and plays a crucial role in new board member orientation. He also creates opportunities for continuing education for board members and mentors the president-elect.

Vision and Fund Raising
Strategic planning and fund raising are vital to the success of any non-profit organization. The president works with the CEO to make sure board resolutions are carried out. Together, they set the agendas which are focused on key strategic issues. The president is also expected to take the lead in raising funds by making personal contributions and asking board members to do the same. Presidents attend or even help to organize social functions to raise funds and maintain visibility in the community.

Skills and Qualities
Many characteristics combine to make a successful board president. They include demonstrated community leadership; being respected by board members, the CEO and key stakeholders; able to lead the board in handling difficult issues; and, the ability to communicate, listen and seek input from others. The president should feel comfortable delegating. Strong group dynamic skills are essential to keep meetings running smoothly and to deal with any conflicts that may arise.

Source:
http://work.chron.com/nonprofit-board-president-job-description-18942.html 

After reviewing the material and reflecting on my soft-skill skill set, I believe I can fit this position and execute it well. I'll save the details for the application process.

-Wolf

Last edited by SavageWolf (2/13/2015 8:29 pm)

Specializing in History and Warfare.
Psychological, Physical, Financial and Digital. 

2/17/2015 9:04 pm  #9

giving this thought.....i like the idea

SavageWolf wrote:

Well, I believe I have found what fits me most. 

The Non-Profit Board President

Job Description
In addition to presiding over board and executive committee meetings, the non-profit board president has a variety of responsibilities. As “chief volunteer,” the president works with the CEO, board, staff and community to further the organization’s mission. A president influences how the board uses its time, the selection of board members and its future leadership. Anyone taking on this role must be committed to the organization and must understand the scope of energy and time required to effectively do the job.

Expectations
The president is expected to review and understand the organization's articles of incorporation and by-laws, policies and procedures, financial and legal situation, and strategic plan. As the board ambassador, the president acts as a spokesperson to the larger community. She speaks in public on behalf of the organization and advocates for the cause. By modeling appropriate behavior, the president sets high standards for board conduct and intervenes if conflicts of interest or confidentiality issues arise.

Duties
Working with the board's governance committee, the president recruits new board members whose vision aligns with the organization. The president appoints committee chairs and serves ex officio on committees. The president is in charge of CEO and board member performance evaluations and succession planning, and plays a crucial role in new board member orientation. He also creates opportunities for continuing education for board members and mentors the president-elect.

Vision and Fund Raising
Strategic planning and fund raising are vital to the success of any non-profit organization. The president works with the CEO to make sure board resolutions are carried out. Together, they set the agendas which are focused on key strategic issues. The president is also expected to take the lead in raising funds by making personal contributions and asking board members to do the same. Presidents attend or even help to organize social functions to raise funds and maintain visibility in the community.

Skills and Qualities
Many characteristics combine to make a successful board president. They include demonstrated community leadership; being respected by board members, the CEO and key stakeholders; able to lead the board in handling difficult issues; and, the ability to communicate, listen and seek input from others. The president should feel comfortable delegating. Strong group dynamic skills are essential to keep meetings running smoothly and to deal with any conflicts that may arise.

Source:
http://work.chron.com/nonprofit-board-president-job-description-18942.html 

After reviewing the material and reflecting on my soft-skill skill set, I believe I can fit this position and execute it well. I'll save the details for the application process.

-Wolf

We just getting started
Glad you're here,
Peace

Board footera